Friday, August 7, 2009

Kindergarden graduation.


My little babies are growing up so fast. It doesn't feel that
long ago when Elijah broke his leg on the first day of kinder-
garden on the monkey bars and I had to wheel him around
the class room because he wasn't old enough for crutches.
I had to tell him he couldn't go on the monkey bars until his
teeth started to fall out. Hoping that would keep them away
from the monkeybars, but it didn't, good try though.
Or when Rustin got of the bus and said, "Guess what mom,
I kissed a girl." and then Elijah turned around and said,
"I kissed a girl too, the same one." I had to tell them that
girls had coodies and not to kiss them again, it helped for a
little while. Needless to say kindergarden has taught them alot
about life, not only their ABC's and numbers. They also learned
the D-word apparentlythe F-word (to this day I still don't think
they really know what it is it could be fish for all I know) all on
the bus. I found out that Rustin learned the D-word the hard
way, for him, by having to hold a bar of soap in his mouth so that
he knows really quickly never to say it again, lucky for him it was
Dove soap. I got asked what does adopted mean? And Connor said,
"His mommy and daddy are breaking up, what does that mean?"
Needless to say they and I have learned a ton of what you can
learn at the early age of 5 years. I am a little scared of what 1st
grade has to offer, I might need a shrink.


Oh my little Rustin, my first born (only by 5 minutes).
He loved Mrs. Jessee's centers. I think his favorite was
the play house. His least favorite was the book center,
unfortuneately. His favorite thing was their 15 minute
recess. Mrs. Jessee was a great Kindergarden teacher,
she always made things fun and interesting, always
switching up the centers between: playdough, magnet
balls, Mr. Patatoe head center, dinosours, reading,
computers, sand box, their social study stamps (long
story) and countless others. I wish I could run my
house like she runs 24 little 5 and 6yr. olds. She was
amazing!



My second little one. Elijah loved kindergarden! Starting
school off with a bang by getting a blue cast on his leg. He
quickly got back to school after mom frantically tried to
come up with a solution of how to get him around the class
room, music room, computer room and so on without being
carried around by mom, who was 7mo. pregnant at the time.
Crutches didn't work after watching him try to use them. I came to
the possibility that he could end up with another broken
leg or arm. Then I saw my solution, the $10 stroller from
target! It was the perfect height for the little tables that
the kids were using. So I could wheel him around and he
could participate in all of their class activities. I know I am
so smart, right, just kiddin'. I think his favorite center or
one of them anyways was the computer center. He came home
from school one day with a picture of a lady bug and a picture of him on it
that said, "I am grumpy when...I don't get to play on the computer."
And boy that is the truth, when he doesn't get to play on
the computer, brace yourselves, it is not pretty. But...it also
gave me my secret weapon of when I need things done, all
I have to say is computer. He makes me laugh just to think
about it. The last thing I have to say about kindergarden that
I know the kids will remember is their "Food experience day".
The idea being, to introduce kids to somewhat different kinds
of food. They got to make all kinds of things like, gingerbreadmen.
christmas trees out of cone shaped icecream cones, birds nests
out of ricecrispy treats, green eggs and ham (from Dr. Suess week),
spaghettii with sauce, their very own rendition of Thanksgiving
and many more things beyond that.
I think the greatest treasure of all that they could take home from
their first year of kindergarden is that they always have someone
to sit next to on the bus (when the bus driver doesn't have to
seperate them, it is true). No really the greatest is that they have
each other and no matter what happens, rain or shine, at the end
of the day, they always have a friend that never moves away or
decides they don't want to play with them anymore because they
are just like two peas in a pod my Rustin and Elijah.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steph! You are on a blog updating roll!!! I love all the new pics and seeing everything that's going on with you guys. And it really is hard to believe our kiddos are getting ready to start 1st grade. It really doesn't seem that long ago that we were hanging out in our little rental houses in Provo with our new little babies! Or that long ago when we were hanging out as single gals in good ol Birchwood 601. I think we're getting old....SIGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh....the last part made me tear up, haha! I want twins! Cute blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those cute boys of your really are growing up so fast. You're kind of freakin' me out. Time goes by so fast. Dax will be starting preschool in a few weeks, then i'll blink my eyes and we'll be to kindergarten. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete