Thursday, January 28, 2010

Easton vs. the Vacuum cleaner...

It all started when Easton was just a crawler. Whenever I would get the vacuum out and turn it on he would start to cry. Oh, it was just too funny when he would be in his jumper and had no where to crawl. I would turn the vacuum on and push it up close to him he would push the jumper back until he was on his tippy-toes and would start to cry, then when I would pull away he would stop crying and relax his feet. I would just do that over and over again and the same thing would happen, he would start to cry and go back on his tippy-toes and then stop and go back to his feet (I tried to get a video of it but he never did that on demand). Then fast forward a few weeks later when he wasn't in his jumper he would leave the room and go into another room when I brought the vacuum out and started it up (usually he likes to be in the same room as me, but not when the vacuum is involved). Fast forward a little more and this time he wouldn't leave the room, he'd just sit planted and if the vacuum came up close to him he wouldn't budge, he'd just sit there. I'd have to move him around like a piece of furniture. So I thought I'd try something. As I would come close to him I wouldn't stop I'd gently nudge him and kind of push as I went along vacuuming, sometimes the vacuum would move his whole body or gently tilt him to the side. In any case it was still funny to watch him as his expression didn't change and he was not giving into the vacuum, he was standing his ground. Fast forward to today. Once again, I pulled the vacuum out and expected him to stand his ground planted in his little spot, which he did, but this time not only would he not budge but he has added hitting the vacuum now. So now I have Easton attacking the vacuum. It has just been fun to watch the long standing battle evolve over time with Easton Vs. the Vacuum. Now how many times did I say vacuum?

No comments:

Post a Comment