Okay, I know this is just a pencil sharpener, but it's a big deal. For us anyways, Brooke and I are used to using pens so before we had kids in school that's all we used were the pens and crayons for them. Then came kindergarten. We bought the pencils already sharpened. When one pencil got flat we just got our another one. Well by the time first grade hit all of our pencils in our house were flat. We did at one point have a little hand held pencil sharpener and then it disappeared. So, all I have heard for the last 5 months is, "My pencil isn't sharp. I can't write with it.". So most people would go out and get one. Well I always seemed to remember that I needed to get one after I had already come home from the store (and with 4 little boys I try to make trips to the store as minimal as possible, I mean lets face it, I look like a walking circus). Then once again, I would hear those words, "Mom you should have remembered to get a pencil sharpener at the store.". I must confess the only reason we have the thing today is because Dad came to the rescue, he was already at the store and asked if I needed anything and da..da..da..da..da!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered the ultimate pencil sharpener! It finally made its way to our house. The minute the box was opened and plugged in all the pencils in the house were busy being shaved down by all the little boys. I think they got them all but you never know. They also had fun making double ended pencils that wrote on both sides. Now they can do their daily pre-tests for their spelling words in peace (or at least I can). I guess pencil sharpeners to my little boys are like power tools to guys. They just make a lot of noise. As you can tell by Elijah's facial expression he is focused on getting that thing as sharp as he can get it and Cooper is just having fun watching him do it. What funny little boys. The pencil sharpener has brought a gift to our house, peace between the boys and Mom, I should have done it earlier!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
A BIG DEAL!
Okay, I know this is just a pencil sharpener, but it's a big deal. For us anyways, Brooke and I are used to using pens so before we had kids in school that's all we used were the pens and crayons for them. Then came kindergarten. We bought the pencils already sharpened. When one pencil got flat we just got our another one. Well by the time first grade hit all of our pencils in our house were flat. We did at one point have a little hand held pencil sharpener and then it disappeared. So, all I have heard for the last 5 months is, "My pencil isn't sharp. I can't write with it.". So most people would go out and get one. Well I always seemed to remember that I needed to get one after I had already come home from the store (and with 4 little boys I try to make trips to the store as minimal as possible, I mean lets face it, I look like a walking circus). Then once again, I would hear those words, "Mom you should have remembered to get a pencil sharpener at the store.". I must confess the only reason we have the thing today is because Dad came to the rescue, he was already at the store and asked if I needed anything and da..da..da..da..da!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered the ultimate pencil sharpener! It finally made its way to our house. The minute the box was opened and plugged in all the pencils in the house were busy being shaved down by all the little boys. I think they got them all but you never know. They also had fun making double ended pencils that wrote on both sides. Now they can do their daily pre-tests for their spelling words in peace (or at least I can). I guess pencil sharpeners to my little boys are like power tools to guys. They just make a lot of noise. As you can tell by Elijah's facial expression he is focused on getting that thing as sharp as he can get it and Cooper is just having fun watching him do it. What funny little boys. The pencil sharpener has brought a gift to our house, peace between the boys and Mom, I should have done it earlier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment