Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day # 24 Ghostly Pear Ghosts.

Honestly I don't know why I try to be "Crafty" because it NEVER works in my favor.
It really doesn't help that I am NOT a perfectionist, if I was, I'd never get anything done.
The top picture are the ones I made today and a much better picture of what they are supposed to look like are down below. I'll write the recipe under the better picture.
9 medium ripe Bosc pears
9 popsicle sticks
2 (14 oz. each) packages of carmels
1/4 c. water
2 pds. white candy coating disks
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. shortening, divided
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. orange candy coating disks
Step 1 # line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a popsicle stick into the top of each.
step # 2 In a microwave, melt caramels and water; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel mixture; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
Step # 3 In the same microwave bowl, melt white candy coating and 2 Tbsp. Shortening @ 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20- second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to pan; let stand until set.
Step #4 In the same microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tsp. shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with orange candy coating and 1 tsp. shortening. Decorate ghost faces; let stand until set.
*For some reason I got ahead of myself and just melted the white chocolate and dipped the pears in, then I read the directions.... I am so lame. I should have read the directions first, they may have turned out better.
P.S. you need the carmel otherwise the chocolate just falls off.

1 comment:

  1. Steph! I have been gone for a week and am just catching up on everyone's blogs - all these Halloween ideas are the CUTEST!! Seriously, I want to do this next October with my boys. What a fun month. You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete