Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The big "8".

The twins when they were babies. Rustin was born first and Elijah was 5 minutes later. These were the youngest pictures that I had on our computer (before digital cameras).
This is Rustin.
This was Elijah.
The twins are eight years old. We were in the middle of moving so we asked them where they would like to go for their birthday. They picked Chili's, of all places. They Love, love, love Chili's! Since we were moving, we also did cake and ice cream there too. It was too perfect, because they loved it and I didn't have to make a cake that looked like a 2 year old made it.

Their candy posters. I know they love these every year because just the other day (it's the middle of February now) Rustin asked where his poster was. I told him the candy was in the pantry and he said, "No the poster". Luckily it was still with the candy and not thrown away just yet. I guess it's time to clean the pantry out.


Okay, the twins have been begging for pillow pets since Thanksgiving. I thought they were more for smaller kids so I tried (as any other parent does when "they" don't want the toy) to get them to think of some other things for them to ask for Christmas. Then comes the birthdays and what do they ask for. Pillow pets (I was hoping they would have forgotten about the glorified stuffed animals), oh well. I guess if that's what they really want then fine, it's not the end of the world. As you can tell, they loved them. From me, I got them a sticker book so they could have a collection of their favorite stickers (I had one when I was a little girl and loved it), just a place to put the, "special" stickers for them to remember. They also got their first pair of ski's, nothing fancy, just something that they can practice in. They are being well used to date. They are getting a little more daring so I think helmets are in the picture for next year.



Since they have been born, our lives have never been the same! We grew from a family of 2 to 4 what seamed like over night. They have helped Brooke and I grow and have brought lots of love and laughs to our family. They were fun little babies, fun toddlers and now fun "big boys". Happy Birthday to my Rus and my little Elijah.

1 comment:

  1. And my boys simply adore them! happy birthday to your cute twins - what great kids.

    ReplyDelete