Once again this was a work vacation, we took some of Brooke's guys and their wives to the Southern Caribbean as a thanks for coming to work with us again kind-of thing and just between you and me, Brooke will take any opportunity to, "get away". We flew into Puerto Rico the night before. Not the safest country to be in but beautiful weather. We had security guards watching out for us while we were in the hot tub since it was right next to the beach.
*Just a warning, I am not wearing make-up in most of these pictures, just so you know.
*The highlight by far on the boat was during a game called The Quest, Brooke and a bunch of other men were parading around in lipstick, a bra and women's high heels. I didn't get pictures of that on my camera but there are some on Brooke's phone though. F.Y.I. that's the only time Brooke has ever worn a women's bra, he looks pretty good in a black bra. All for the team right. The lovely Mark and Deborrah Timms.
Jared and Tamson Dannis.
Casey and Brian.
Kevin and Reese (the not dating or married, the single guys).
Brooke and I, sorry I have no idea what is going on with my bangs.
The married, the dating and the single all together now. Vacations are always fun when there's other people, especially fun ones.
First stop... Barbados. Our cab driver actually had us stop to feed some monkeys on our way to the beach. They were the cutest little things, very social and soooo playful with each other.
I tried to feed the little ones first as best I could without having the more Alpha one's step in the way. I felt like a momma duck trying to feed the babies. When they took the banana pieces, their hands were soooo soft and they really were gentle.
They were super playful.
This was Crane Beach in Barbados. Uh, yeah... no handicap access coming this way. There were crabs literally everywhere on the rocks, especially down by where the water was washing up over the rocks.
The rocks had so many crabs on them that it seemed like the rocks were moving. Brooke tried to catch them but those little suckers are so quick.
More crabs.
This was one of the scary parts of the day. Some little boy got sucked under this big rock, luckily the 3 lifeguards were able to pull him out and hand him back to his mom and dad. So sad.
We ordered some coconuts and they literally climbed a coconut tree behind them, cut a coconut off the branch and chopped it open for us, now that is service.
If this was all I did the entire week was sit on my can, I was okay with that! I just wanted to bake in the sun all day everyday. Since guys like to "do" stuff and that's the way they bond, we did a little of both.
We nick named this the bat cave, you walked in and it had a staircase. At the top was a locked door that probably led to private property.
Our cab driver stopped and got us some sugarcane. It was soooo good, I could have eaten that stuff all day long.
This Island was St. Lucia. We wanted to go hiking so we ended up hiking one of those peaks in back of us. Grow Piton was the one we hiked. It was literally 2 miles straight up and 2 miles straight down. There were very few switchbacks that lasted all of 2 or 3 feet.
Let's just say Brooke and Kev didn't know what they were signing up for when we talked about doing this as you can tell. I couldn't help but laugh about all the moaning and groaning going on, it was too funny, they were my entertainment. I think this was only a quarter of the way up. Kevin is not on the ground for show, this really was how he was when we stopped.
Obviously he regained his strength since he's up in a tree.
This was at the top on one of the view points, it was really hazy.
Cool tree.
The second view point was way clearer, this happens to be the 2nd peak, the guide said it was the smaller of the 2 but way steeper, you have to rope climb on parts of it.
Brooke looks like he's doing a little bit better.
I tried to get an idea of how steep the trail really was but this picture doesn't do it. It was so steep our guide stopped 1/2 way up and had to stop because he'd already done a tour before us and thought he could do another one. So we kept going and realized he really wasn't going up anymore. He really meant he was done and wasn't just taking a break.
I have never sweat so much before in my life, I literally rung my shrit out 3 times just dripping.
Our group.
Part of the city.
On most of the islands all of the children wore different colored uniforms.
They had a landslide back in November that was really bad, it took out houses and a family.
Our boat, we really should have missed our port time on this island. We were supposed to be on the boat by 4:30 and we showed up at 5:00. The boat only stayed because there was another large group that was doing a tour through the boat that was running way late. None of us double checked the port time, we just assumed. NEVER assume. We were just super lucky.
Our waiter.
Birthday boy Brian!
The Island of Antigua. For all you Bacholor fan's out there they came to this island for one of their episodes. We stopped at a sugar mill on the way to some beaches.
We stopped here at Devil's Bridge.
Did some snorkeling.
and wanted to eat all of the lobsters in this cage!
All I can say is YUMMY! I will take all of these and dip them in endless butter!
You know the snorkeling is good when you walk a foot in the water and see schools and schools of fish all around you. Brooke likes to scuba dive but I am a chicken and just snorkel. I have a fobia of equalizing the preassure in my head. You would think it would be from the sharks that swim freely all around you but it's my ears! I am so lame! I have decided that I do want to be certified just so I can get over my fear. Just thinking about it scares me.
Our prizes from some singing, complete the song game. I got a lame key chain, a gay guy beat me to the microphone and finished a chick song and got the last ring, couldn't he have been straight, then he wouldn't have wanted the ring. I was wearing heels, that's what killed it for me so I took them off.
St. Maarten, we've been here before so we knew what we wanted to do. We just rented some scooters and beach hopped around the island. The island is half french and half dutch which translate to topless or nude beaches every single one of them. I felt fully covered up just wearing a bikini. The weather wasn't too great so thankfully the locals kept most of their tops on. The only small downer was the flat tire we got 20 minutes after we left the rental shop. We knew we had all day so we just sat patiently waited. I just kept thinking, if we were in the Amazing Race we would not be so happy about our perdicament.
Orient beach, half of it is topless the other half is full on nude.
Half way around the island on this strip they have the best little resteraunts.
The first time we were here we ate at this place, you can't see it too well but it was sooo good. This time we went to the resteraunt in the back on the other side.
It was sooo good, I am still dreaming about the shimp kabobs!
Great view from the table.
One of the other beaches.
This is Satho-beach or more famously known as airport beach. The airport is literally right across the street from the beach. There's a sand storm when the planes fly in and and another one times 100 when the planes fly out.
This big liner was preparing to take off, so they kind-of make a U right here and stop with it's rear facing the beach before they take off. This pilot wanted to have fun with us that day so as he was making his U he smiled and waved, like he was saying, "I'll get you good today.".
So here's Brooke covering his eyes...
Then here's Brooke running away... wait it gets better.
This dude was the only one crazy enough to stay behind and he dropped to the ground.
The end result. We I took some pictures and e-mailed it to him. He said he came a lot of miles just for this beach.
Not so much sand when there are no planes.
Just got the wing in this picture.
St. Croix, this beach is really good for scuba diving and snorkeling but it was super choppy that day and windy so just layed out. Time to get back to the kids, we couldn't have done it without great friends and family to help watch the kids while we were away.
Not so much sand when there are no planes.
Just got the wing in this picture.
St. Croix, this beach is really good for scuba diving and snorkeling but it was super choppy that day and windy so just layed out. Time to get back to the kids, we couldn't have done it without great friends and family to help watch the kids while we were away.

No comments:
Post a Comment