Sunday, May 22, 2011
Elijah's quick update.
Elijah is our gamer. He and his dad love to try to beat each others scores on Tiny Wings, Ninjump and Doodle jump (it's their way of bonding, ha ha). Along with video games, the new hot game that he loves is Uno, as they are currently playing as I write this. I love that it's a new game for them but that it's an old classic for us. He also loves the game Sorry. He is into Bay blades, playing with friends, fort making and baseball. He is in cub scouts so he recently made his first pinewood derby car (mostly his dad), but he had tons of fun choosing the shape racing his car. His favorite movies are the old Indiana Jones movies! He loves, loves, loves them (probably inspired by his Uncle Todd's Collection and his favorite ride at Disneyland that's all about Indiana Jones. He is also into Harry Potter (the boy takes after his mother's heart on this one). His favorite Books are the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He has finished the collection and loves the first movie and is patiently waiting to catch the second movie when we can. This boy loves A.R. (the accelerated reading program). He is constantly trying to read as many books as he can so that he get to the higher level (that's where the gamer part of him comes out). He is too excited to end second grade so that he can officially be called a 3rd grader! The kids all have funny stories to tell, but as the scatter brained mother that I am, I'm not always quick to write them down but this short little tail was a classic. The boys shower down in the bathroom down by their room and they are responsible for putting their clothes and towels away (I always try to tell myself that I am not the maid; truth be told I really am as most moms are). Well this night Elijah must not have put his towel on the hook the night before like he was supposed to do. Rustin comes upstairs laughing his head off saying, "Elijah used his underware to dry himself off." After Brooke and I laughed we asked him why he used his underware to dry himself off, he said he didn't have a towel close by. Time for another shower! Seriously where is the common sense, of all the articles of clothing they have he chooses underware. Oh well at least when he goes off to college I won't have to know about it. Ignorance is bliss right. Life wouldn't be the same without him. He is patiently waiting for the pool to open across the street, it's too temping having to look at it everyday when he goes to the bus stop or out the front door and with all this rain I am not as patient as he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment