Another St. Patrick's Day come and gone. The twins were wearing green shirts and Cooper is not quite ready for pre-school. Anyways, this was one of Brooke's family traditions when he was growing up. His mom would paint a 4 leafed clover on her kids hands with food coloring before they left for school. I outlined it with a toothpick and then filled in the rest with a q-tip. I guess I could have done it with a marker, I just wanted to stick with his family tradition of using food coloring. That morning I was running super late so I didn't have time to make my french pancakes that I color green. So I used an idea that I got from my friend Chandie. They ate Lucky Charms and I put green food coloring in it to make green (it seems like I've been putting green food coloring in everything lately). Then later on for dinner I made our traditional corned beef cooked with cabbage and carrots and cornbread. These are the little things I hope our kids remember when they are all grown.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Another St. Patrick's Day come and gone. The twins were wearing green shirts and Cooper is not quite ready for pre-school. Anyways, this was one of Brooke's family traditions when he was growing up. His mom would paint a 4 leafed clover on her kids hands with food coloring before they left for school. I outlined it with a toothpick and then filled in the rest with a q-tip. I guess I could have done it with a marker, I just wanted to stick with his family tradition of using food coloring. That morning I was running super late so I didn't have time to make my french pancakes that I color green. So I used an idea that I got from my friend Chandie. They ate Lucky Charms and I put green food coloring in it to make green (it seems like I've been putting green food coloring in everything lately). Then later on for dinner I made our traditional corned beef cooked with cabbage and carrots and cornbread. These are the little things I hope our kids remember when they are all grown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh I LOVE that you did that! I ended up having to do the SAME thing that morning. Got too behind and had "green milk" cereal. I kept expecting my kids skin to turn green after all the green dye they ate this week :)
ReplyDelete