Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Never Ending Post...

So if you want you can just skip down from this point on to the bottom and say that you have read it all. It's a long one! But if you are Grandma or Grandpa Gallien then I'm sorry you're just going to have to keep reading. It's part of your Grandparently duties (if that's a word). I did try to put some comic relief into this never-ending post.
Just a few facts about the kidd-o's.
Let's just start from firstborn on down the line...
My Rustin.
As of late he's the leader of the group. Rustin Has been nick named a, "Banty Rooster" by his Grandma Connie ever since he was super little. I guess a banty rooster is feisty (if that's even how you spell that word), a king of the hill, if you will. Rustin might be the smaller of the twins but right now you can grantee that if a, "Plan was concocted" weather it be good or bad it was devised by the Banty Rooster. He definitely thinks things out before putting plans into motion. Aside from his Banty Roosterness, Rustin has a definite sweetness to him. He Loves his baby brother, Easton. He gives him his hugs and kisses everyday and most nights before Easton goes to bed. At this stage in life Rustin has a great love for, "His Teddy" at least when we are at home or when we go to Grandma's house. Some how some where we have this teddy and Rustin latched onto it. The bond must have formed sometime in between all the stroller rides that he would give to the teddy or the imaginary feedings that he has given to it. regardless when the bond developed, it's pretty fun to see him be sweet with his teddy. Little Rustin is also a little Salesman (stories for another future post). This guy obviously takes after his Dad in this department. He knows how to, "Work the system" at least when it's with his brother's. Me (being Mom) can foresee how he's going to pitch an idea that he has. Rustin also loves baseball and soccer. When the twins were about 2 years old, we were living in California. Practically everyday we would go on our stroller ride down to a nearby park. To get to the park we would have to follow the path that happened to be in between 2 baseball fields. After being at the park for a couple of hours it was time to go home but not without watching at least another hour of baseball. I have to say that was a fascinating time back then. The twins could just sit and watch those boys play baseball for hours (I think that's the only time when they were that age that they would sit still and just watch).
Well with that little story from a trip down memory lane, it's time to talk about Elijah. If I had to think about Elijah I would have to say he is a, "Gamer". The boy loves, loves, loves games. Yes, he loves, "Family games" which by definition to our family means board games. But this boy loves his Wii, Computer, leapster or Dad's phone for games. We do have rules with all the fun extra games, so mostly they only get to play them on the weekends. You know their generation is growing up in a technical savvy world when everything is being compared to "levels".
Example 1:
When he eats his meat, he says. "I just finished level one."
Then he finishes his vegetables and says, "I just finished level two."
and so on (of course all the kids join in and make a game of it).
Example 2:
Just yesterday the 3 older kids were down in the basement playing and they made an obsticle course. When it was time to come upstairs for dinner they were all excited and said that they all made it to level 3 of their obsticle course.
So as of late life to Elijah is about hitting levels. Which is good I guess, it gives him something in the near future to work harder for. I know his story makes it sound like video games is all he does but I promise you it's not. He loves playing with friends, reading, baseball, soccer and helping mom unload the dishwasher (that little story is for another future post). Lastly I think the one thing Elijah loves the most in life is his, "Chocolate blanky"! That story is for another future post as well. It's the most ratty thing you probably ever will see, but through the eyes of little Elijah it's the best thing in the world.
As for little Coop, I would have to say he's a little bit like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide. He can be the sweetest boy one minute and then not so sweet the next. Most of the time He is my sweetie pie with a little bit of stubbornness on the side (he must take after me on this one). Cooper loves his older brother's. All the time he thinks about them. If he's out at the store with us (while the twins are at school) and we buy him some candy. The first thing out of his mouth is, "I'm going to save some for my brother's". Then the minute they get home it's, "Brother's, brother's look what I got for you!" Cooper always refers to Rustin and Elijah when he's referring to both of them as "Brother's". If that makes it easier for him then so be it. Another time Cooper thought of his brother's was when he had just come home from a Jazz game, Brooke had caught 3 little balls in the air that night for Cooper. That night he came home and gave his balls to his older brothers. He wanted each of them to have one. So while they were sleeping he put one next to them on their bed. Cooper has the better half of him which we adore and we are still working on the Dr. Jeckle half or which ever side of that pair is the evil one. Cooper is loving t-ball, soccer, pre-school and his, "Best Buddy Rhett." That's another future post. So since we've broken the news to the kids about moving to Louisiana. Cooper was sadly disappointed when we weren't moving to the state of Indiana. Why Indiana... for some odd reason he thinks that Indiana Jones lives in the state of Indiana. That would seem totally logical you would think, right. The Indiana Jones love came from the Lego Wii game of Indiana Jones based off of the old movies. Which he also loves too. Along with Indiana Jones who lives in the state of Indiana Cooper loves to talk about the Mexican Darth Vadar. Where that one came from, I have no logical answer other then it came from a 4 year old.
Oh....Easton. There are many names I can think of to describe this little guy. But I think the one that fits him best now is, "The Climber!". The kid climbs on EVERYTHING! You name it and he can figure out a way to get onto it. As much as it is funny, it's scary. I'm going to have to do some furniture arranging, seeing as how he loves to climb on my black bench that sits against our staircase railing that leads to our basement. So far he loves to climb onto the bench and throw my pillows over the edge. Since it is a great room I can keep tabs on him to make sure he's safe, but I'm sure sometime soon I'm just going to have to find a new home for it. Easton really doesn't say much actually at all. But one thing he is learning very quickly to say due to all the many messy diapers is the "P" word. He is so trained that now all I have to say is, "Let's go change your poopy" and he goes running for his bedroom. One time he beat me to his room and laid right onto the changing mat (that he had pulled off of his changing table) and laid right on top of it as if he was very well trained to do so. So every time while I am changing him I say it's time to change your poopy and he tries to say it after me. Sad to say this will be one of his first more frequently used words. If only potty training were this easy. In the mean time while he's getting better at saying the "P" word, I am getting better at making 2-point shots in the trash can with the poppy diapers. A side from all of that Easton loves to kick "things" around. You name it and he will play soccer with it forever. He uses his feet more often than his hands. One of his new discoveries has been the outdoors! Now that he's old enough, you can just see it in his eyes, as the weather is warming up the boys have been playing outside more and he wants to be there with them too.
Life isn't perfect but at the end of the day they can still always fight over who's going to say the nighttime prayer. The best part about that one for me is that, I tell them goodnight and say, "Don't forget to say your prayers" and let them duke it out.
Congrats if you made it all the way to the end of this post! I know it was long. I just wanted to take some time to write individually about each of my growing boys. They won't be little forever so this is my way of taking those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment