The boys couldn't get enough of their daddy.
Let me tell you that was some good southern cooking
right there, it was goooooood! And that is one BIG pot of stuff right there.
My sister named it George Washington's cherry cake (she had entered into a contest one year).
We always laugh because that cakes always seems to fall apart and turns into a nice sloppy chocolatey cherry mess! But... it sure tastes good.
Let's just say I do NOT pride my self on
my cake making skills.
Because of the move I really didn't have a chance to give a proper tribute to Brooke on Father's day. So here's a little something, something. The thing I love about this man is that he has such a giving heart. Whenever he runs into KFC, Wendy's or whatever restaurant he decides he feels like for lunch at the time and happens to run into a homeless person at the same time asking for food he always delivers. One time he ran into a lady who just wanted some fried chicken so he opened the door for her and bought her a couple of meals. But one time that will forever be engrained in our boys minds is the time they ran into a guy named Ron. Brooke was running into McDonald's with them to grab a bite to eat and they met a homeless guy. Brooke decided to use this time as a teaching opportunity and asked the gentleman what his name was and bought him something to eat too. After the boys were all settled in the car the boys had some questions like,
"Dad...why does Ron need food?".
On que Brooke said, "Because he doesn't have any money or a home."
Naturally they asked, "Why doesn't he have a home?"
"Because he is homeless."
"What does homeless mean?"
On and on their curious little minds raced and really made them think. Several months had passed and I was listening in on one of the boys conversations and they were talking about Ron and how we should always give people food when they are homeless because, "They don't have any." And that's when I knew I loved the sight of McDonald's. Because it was there and at that moment in time when two very different worlds collided and because Ron was there and Brooke saw a teaching opportunity, our boys have learned a priceless lesson in this life that day and that is to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ and to do what he would have surely done and to that I will be forever grateful. So cheers to Brooke on his birthday and I never thought I would say this but cheers to McDonald's too.

STEPH! We MISS you guys!! Your boys are HUGE! And you look great! Super skinny... but you always have been:) And I am loving your hair! I haven't talked to you in forever it seems. And no spontaneous sleepovers lately. We MISS you guys!! But it looks like you are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having a great summer. We'll have to come visit you down south sometime!
ReplyDeleteBrooke is a great guy. Excellent post Steph.
ReplyDeleteHey Steph saw your blog on your facebook so I am now a follower:) Super fun Thanks for helping me with mine!!
ReplyDelete