Thursday, August 27, 2009
The night time routine...
So this is the nightly routine after everyone is put down to bed. I try to get the kids down to sleep between 7 pm and 8. Then around ten I go down to the boys room to take them to go potty so they don't wet the bed. Someday they will be completely potty trained and I don't have to keep that plastic bed liner cover their beds; it'll probably be when they go to college. Anyways, some nights it is just too funny. Rustin is pretty good about going to the bathroom and then jumping right into bed, but some nights (both of them) just bolt into a completely different direction before Brooke or I even know it, so we chase after them and lead them in the right direction. And sometimes they like to talk in their half-asleep mode. Rustin one night after potting him just kept saying in the most serious tone of voice, "Todd, Todd, focus Todd.", he was doing the hand gestures and everything. He was either talking about my brother-in-law or Brooke's cousin Todd. So now that's kind of an inside joke when we see Brooke's cousin. Little Elijah, bless his heart, but he takes after his mom when he is tired. Brooke said it right (while I was on the phone with him) if I was waking the bear up from his slumber to potty him, because he is grumpy, grumpy man, but he is willing to go to the bathroom and then jump right into bed. Cooper on the other hand we don't potty because (A) He gets really, really mad if you tell him to go potty while he is asleep and (B) He will just wake up on his own and go and put his diaper back on. The funny thing about Cooper is, he sleeps with his lamp on all night long, I will turn it off after he falls asleep and sometimes twice in the middle of the night he'll turn it back on. I guess it's not really so strange but just kind-of a, huh, moment. One side note about the little Coop man, it is no fun sleeping with him at night (he slept in my bed a lot of the nights because Brooke was working out of town for the summer), because he grinds his teeth and it sounds like nails on a chalk board, no fun. And little E, well he just likes to eat right before I go to bed for a little midnight snack. At the end of the night I still have 4 boys still in diapers, I keep thinking the twins will out grow all the diaper sizes and then I remember that they always make depends for men now, so if worse comes to worse. Brooke say bed wetting is a genetic thing, I have no idea but we need to out grow this stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL! The joys, right? They always say boys are more difficult, and it looks like we'll never know either way. ;) Eli was almost too easy, I figure I'm going to have it ROUGH with Nathan.
ReplyDeleteI think thats so cute Cooper keeps turning the light back on. Smart kid!