My boys will always remember Mrs. Young! She was an awesome teacher and really did teach them soooooo much. I just remember thinking at the beginning of the school year that my boys would never be reading full on books and then magically one day it was just like a light bulb went off in their little heads and voila they were reading beautifully! It was no doubt mostly due to Mrs. Young's magical teaching abilities. I have always thought that it takes someone special to be a teacher and Mrs. Young was someone special. Plus she had to take on both of my boys at the same time. Hopefully by the end of the school year she was able to tell them apart, one trick she picked up along the way was by putting one twin on one table and the other twin a few tables down.... the things teachers have to do. Aside from teaching, Mrs. Young has such a neat job of not only teaching but being a part of 1st graders social world.... the things they say, the stories they tell, the way they tell it and the expressions with which they tell it with, I'm sure is priceless at times.
Some of their classmates that we have heard many a stories about.... Mr. Andrew, Miss. Claire (one of our neighbors on our street), Mr. Rustin, Mr. Elijah, Miss. Leah, and I forgot the other two names (I'll have to ask the boys when they wake up). So really I most of the time dress the twins the same but it's not because they are twins and I want them to dress the same. It's all about the laundry! In my mind I can know if an outfit is dirty easier if they are in pairs at least with the twins. Anyways, one day I was helping their class and there was a new girl that had just moved in. Everyone was introducing themselves to her during some free time, then the twins introduced themselves to her and as they were doing so everyone else chimed in by saying how they tell the twins apart (since I dress them mostly the same), "We check their shoes." I did manage to buy them 2 different pair of shoes, little did I know how 2 different pair of shoes could not only help their classmates but their teacher too all they had to do was look down.
Rustin getting ready to sing his little heart out! Elijah was two doors down doing his very best! They sang lots of songs and talked about some of the things they learned from their past year of school.


No comments:
Post a Comment