Friday, August 6, 2010

"3,000 miles and one left turn..."


Grandma and Grandpa Gallien at their home in Maryland.

My Mom and I. My parents and I spent the evenings out on the porch while I was there playing card games and just rocking and enjoying the fireflies. It's weird, you never think your parents really age and then they do. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to go home and to visit with them. In a way I felt like a little girl again, with just me and them. Only this time they are a lot older and I am not that little girl anymore. I love my mom and dad.

My Dad and I. He hasn't changed a bit from when I was young. He does do an awesome job of taking care of my Mom in her time of need.

I didn't bring the kids because I didn't know how, in and out, of hospitals my mom would be for the week. So I signed them up for day camp and got some sitters to take care of them in the evenings and at night (Brooke was out of town). Deborah and Breanne did awesome and our boys we more than happy to be able to have babysitters for the whole week. Some new faces are always exciting. They loved PARDS day camp and I thought they did an excellent job with the kids, we'll have to sign them up next summer for some more fun.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, I was just looking at your Christmas note and saw that you had a website. It's nice to see all of your photos. Even though I haven't seen your Mom since I was a little girl, I still recognized her smile - it hasn't changed a bit. The one time we visited MN, she and Dixie spent a lot of time pushing my brother, Dennis, on the swingset at a park in Slayton. Sorry to hear that she has cancer. We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Your Mom's cousin, Anne Ciochetto, Anacortes, WA

    ReplyDelete