Friday, August 6, 2010

First day of 2nd grade. Lewis Vincent elementary. Aug. 6th

These two peas in a pod have finally been separated today! They are in 2 different classes for the first time since pre-school. Kind-of sad but they handled the first day beautifully. I don't think they have ever been separated for more than a day. There really was never a need to separate them, but I am sure it might be a good thing. The principle says that usually one twin is more dominant than the other, which is true in our case. Brooke and I both have known that from the time they were rolling. One would roll over the other one to steal a toy and the other baby would cry as he did it. So this gives them more of an opportunity for them to grow to be their own person instead of having to depend on each other.
When we went to meet their teachers yesterday and they both realized that they weren't going to be in the same class Rustin said, "Elijah, how will I find you at recess?". Elijah said, "Don't worry Rus, I'll wait in the hall for you." Brooke and I looked at each other and grinned. As much as they fight, deep down they really do love each other. It'll be interesting to see what this year holds for them and how much they really do grow. They are working on the, "Yes Ma'am, no Ma'am, yes Sir and no Sir" thing. People really do see it as rude if kids don't respond that way to adults. I tried to ask the boys if they remembered what to say in the car when they are talking to adults and Cooper said, "Ma'am yes and Ma'am no."-- so as you can see, it's still a work in progress. Oh and if you want to see their new wardrobe for the rest of the year all you have to do is look down and there it is. They have to wear uniforms for the rest of the school year. Blue or white polo shirts with Dickie shorts and tennis shoes. I'm not worried about them getting sick of it, it's me that I'm worried about. All I can say is how boring! I can understand why they do it, I just think it's going to get real old real fast. I'll just have to get over it. Cooper was once again sad that his brother's were leaving him to go to school, to the point of tears. He has a little separation anxiety (just kidding) but you would think so after this mornings episode.
After school we celebrated by swimming, then it decided to down pour so it's pizza and a movie tonight. Hope everyone else's first day of school is just as awesome.

Rustin.


Elijah

Cooper and Elijah. Cooper doesn't start until the 16th.

Rustin and Elijah together.

Rustin and Cooper.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have been busy!!! can't believe the boys are in 2nd grade that is so crazy! they obviously are matching in these photos as they have too, but i love that you have always dressed them the same. so cute.
    i have to add that you are so pretty steph! you look so great and would have never guessed you had 4 kids! wow! really, you look great.
    so sorry about your mom, i didn't know that. she is a great lady and was always so nice to us. hope she is doing okay.
    sorry so long.. love all the new posts! take care!

    ReplyDelete