Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cooper's Birthday day! May 25th. Officially a 5 year old.

And since we were all sick for almost 2 weeks before his birthday I had no time and couldn't get a babysitter-- "Hey by the way... can you babysit my sick kids while I go run some errands, you'll get paid for getting sick." that just wasn't going to happen. So on his birthday I took him to the store, he picked out his gifts and the wrapping paper. Not ideal for him to know all of his presents, but he was elated to be able to go to the store and pick out multiple things just for him. One thing I did learn from this experience is that I think I will, on their birthday have them pick one thing out that they really, really want and have the rest be a surprise. In a nutshell, it really didn't matter that he knew what he was getting, if anything it made him happier.
He really wanted a power popper (it's just a little upside down).
Cooper wanted a soccer ball cake for his birthday. I must say this is a very sad looking cake! I'm learning to cook but I think I will forever and always never be able to be a cake decorator I just don't have the patience for it. For some reason I always have this image in my mind of this awesome cake I want to do for the kids and it NEVER turns out quite as good, I should just buy the cakes but they never seam to taste quite as good. It is what it is and luckily Cooper loved it (despite the presentation). He may just look back on all of his birthday cakes and say, "Mom did I make that cake" and I should say, "Yes, and you did a wonderful job." because with all of their cakes it does look like a kid did them.

A candy poster! I thought it would be really fun to start another birthday tradition. These candy bars and candy are some of Cooper's favorite things to eat. He came up stairs when he woke up and had this waiting for him on the table, it made his day. It was a little too heavy to stand up so we had to lay it down. His face is classic. We are having smiling issues, we tell them to smile and they come up with a look of pain written all over their face! So here we are with a "smile".


Cooper wanted hot dogs for breakfast and Grandma Gallien's french pancakes and bacon for dinner, yes that's dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. When Cooper asked for hot dogs that morning I so wanted to give him some but I honestly had no idea that he wanted hot dogs for breakfast otherwise I would have gotten them and let him chow down. I did know what he wanted for dinner ahead of time so at least he got his choice of dinner. Maybe next year I better find out what what they want the menu to be for the entire day, silly boy. We love to let them pick what they want for their birthday dinner (It's a good way to get them to actually eat what they want, instead of forcing them to eat what they don't want eat on their b-day). It just makes them feel special.

Once again, our birthday tradition of waking up to tons of balloons all over. Just a little something to make the kids feel special right when they wake up in the morning. They look forward to it every year.
We love watching our little boy with, "Nice blue eyes" grow! Happy birthday to Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment